For its second edition, the Internet Cat Video Festival 2013 premiered at the Great Minnesota Get-Together: the State Fair Grandstand. This year’s showcase of feline hijinks included new videos, appearances by special guests and celebricats, live music, art projects, and booths hosting local animal resource nonprofits.
After the successful debut at the Minnesota State Fair, the 2nd Internet Cat Video Festival now hits the road with numerous tour dates booked thus far and more to be added soon.
- March 2014, SXSW, Austin, TX
- Spring 2014, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, MN
- May 2014: Great Wall of Oakland, Oakland, CA
- June 2014: Hollywood Theater, Portland, OR
Festival T-Shirts & More
Available now: Internet Cat Video Festival T-Shirts!
Be the first to grab limited-edition catvidfest merchandise—including an official poster (with a Golden Kitty), a festival tour T-shirt, and Colorful Kitty clothing and items.
About the Festival
Last year’s first-ever Internet Cat Video Festival was conceived at the Walker as a modest celebration to bring online communities together in the real world. The #catvidfest became its own viral phenomenon, drawing more than 10,000 fans to the Walker’s Open Field and winning the attention of local, national, and international audiences and media. The event spawned “copy-cat” festivals—and a touring program—around the country.
Special guests and celebricats featured at the Minnesota State Fair in 2013 included:
- Grumpy Cat
- Henri Le Chat Noir creator Will Braden
- Nyan Cat creator Chris Torres
- Keyboard Cat creator Charlie Schmidt
- Kittens Inspired by Kittens star Maddie Kelly
- Lil Bub
- An Engineer’s Guide to Cats creators Paul Klusman and TJ Wingard
- Pudge the Cat
- Hosted by Julie Klausner, a New York–based comedy writer, performer, podcaster, and author
- Music by Brian Laidlaw and the Family Trade and Koo Koo Kanga Roo
In celebration of the Great Minnesota Get-Together tradition, the festival also featured a cat butter sculpture. Click here for a time-lapse video of its creation!
Rachel Joyce, Assistant Director, Public Relations
Scott Stulen, Producer of the Internet Cat Video Festivalscott.email@example.com
For tour inquires, please fill out the Tour Request Form.